We're looking for a creative superstar with an ability to present engaging content and an interest in developing a career in the marketing industry. Sounds like you? Read on for more info...
Purpose/summary of the role
We’re looking for a Creative Marketing Assistant to help us thoughtfully and creatively share our clients’ stories across various digital marketing channels.
This is a really exciting opportunity to work closely with the partners of the business to plan and create compelling written and visual content for a range of digital channels including social media, email marketing campaigns, blog articles, product descriptions, how-to guides and digital ads for our clients and for Altum Media.
As a small team, you will gain valuable insight into life in a growing marketing agency, as well as learn how brands communicate and grow their business using powerful storytelling with digital marketing techniques.
This is an important role at the heart of Altum Media’s service offering within a non-corporate, relaxed company culture. You can make a genuine impact and drive positive change throughout the agency and for our clients.
Established in 2018, Altum Media is one of the newest and youngest digital marketing agencies in Exeter. We pride ourselves on delivering impactful and personalised digital marketing services to small and medium sized businesses to help them grow their brands online.
We work with a growing number of clients in the food, drink and leisure industries including Dartmoor Whisky Distillery, Pipers Farm, Fish For Thought and Just Hot Tubs.
We help our clients effectively manage and grow their social media, websites, email marketing, and paid advertising.
The job will predominantly be based on the regular creation of compelling content for our clients and for Altum Media. The majority of the content will be published on social media but could also focus on different digital channels such as;
- Email marketing
- Digital ads (Google, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Website landing pages
- Website blogs
- Product descriptions
- Online white papers/guides
The role will involve producing and publishing monthly social media content and campaigns via our state of the art management tool, Sprout Social. You will have your own account with access to various client folders. As well as content creation, the role will also involve nurturing and developing the audiences by being at the heart of the conversation and ensuring all comments and messages are responded to.
We would like this person to evolve with the company and help drive forward our social media marketing offering - this could be exploring new ways to improve our high level of service, evaluating social media reports and suggesting how this could feed into our clients’ strategy, or researching emerging platforms such as TikTok.
Over time, the successful candidate would be required to develop a deep understanding of our clients, their product or service and their audiences in order to provide the level of service we pride ourselves on.
Tasks to include
- Work with the internal team to help deliver monthly social media content calendars on behalf of our clients that meet their business objectives
- Design, maintain and monitor client content and social media profiles
- Craft engaging posts, including video, in a creative way that demand attention and communicate our clients’ values and brand effectively
- Optimise content for platform and intended audience
- Continuous monitoring of social media communities for the benefit of our clients
- Timely management of all interactions with social accounts
- Stay current with social media trends and tools
- Help to refine and define our social media marketing service offering
We are looking for someone who can intelligently and creatively articulate a brand's story online to reach business objectives and align with our objectives to enhance ‘Community, Brand and Revenue’ for our clients.
This role would suit someone with 1 year marketing experience either with another agency or within a brand environment. It could also be suitable for a University graduate with a relevant degree such as Marketing, Business, Advertising, English, Language. Some personal and professional skills they should possess are;
- Good work ethic and a willingness to learn
- Creative thinker with a great ability to put ideas onto paper
- Happy inputting, sharing and collaborating on ideas
- Confident to share your own ideas and insight from work life or University experience so far
- Proactive attitude with an ambition to develop the role
- An interest in the digital marketing landscape
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills is required - ability to craft compelling and creative copy, unique to a brand’s positioning or tone of voice
- 1 year digital marketing experience OR a recent University graduate with demonstrable experience working on and growing personal social media projects
- An understanding of social media platforms and how they work - how people engage with businesses and brands via these channels
- An understanding of what good content on social media looks like
- Experience in creating video content for social media posts is desired
- A brief understanding of the concept of ‘content marketing’ and why it is an important part of growing businesses online
- Experience using basic design tools such as Canva
- Ability to plan and prioritise work schedules
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to correct own work
How we work
As a small business, the two partners are still heavily involved in servicing client work and ensuring that high standards are achieved and adhered to.
You will have direct support and learn directly from the partners of the business who, between them, have almost 20 years of experience working in marketing.
With such a small team, communication is open and encouraged and we love to collaborate on ideas and support each other as much as possible.
You will be given full access to any useful tools needed to complete the job and can have as much guidance on using industry specific technology as needed, for example social media scheduling tools or email marketing service providers.
How to apply
Email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: Friday 9 July
Proposed start date: Monday 2 August
Location: Fortescue Court, Exeter
Salary - £18K