We're looking for a creative superstar with an ability to present engaging content and an interest in developing a career in the marketing industry. Sounds like you? Read on for more info...
Summary of the role
Do you know your Reels from your retweets? Do you have a natural ability to think creatively and know how to create stand out content for social media?
We’re looking for a Social Media Assistant to help us thoughtfully and creatively share our clients’ stories across various social channels.
We are looking for someone to support our social media service by creating compelling written and visual content for our clients social media. This is a new and exciting role, providing a great opportunity to join a growing digital agency in Exeter, where you will be working across a portfolio of interesting local and national clients.
As a small team, you will gain valuable insight into life in a growing marketing agency, as well as learn how brands communicate and grow their business using powerful storytelling with digital marketing techniques.
This is an important role at the heart of Altum Media’s service offering within a non-corporate, relaxed company culture. You can make a genuine impact and drive positive change throughout the agency and for our clients.
Established in 2018, Altum Media is one of the newest and youngest digital marketing agencies in Exeter. We pride ourselves on delivering impactful and personalised digital marketing services to ambitious brands to help them grow online.
We work with a growing number of clients in the food, drink and leisure industries including Luscombe Drinks, Dartmoor Whisky Distillery, Pipers Farm, Fish For Thought and Just Hot Tubs.
We help our clients effectively manage and grow their social media, websites, email marketing, and content marketing.
The job will support the business Directors and the Social Media Executive/Manager in delivering successful social media marketing for our clients and will include the following;
- Creating and scheduling monthly social media content for multiple clients
- Craft engaging posts, including video, in a creative way that demand attention and communicate our clients’ values and brand effectively
- Ensure content is optimised for each platform and the intended audience
- Researching and reaching out to influencers for ongoing collaborations
- Continuous monitoring of social media inboxes and communities
- Timely management of all interactions with social accounts
- Stay current with social media trends and tools
- Help to refine and define our social media marketing service offering
We would like this person to evolve with the company and help drive forward our social media marketing offering - this could be exploring new ways to improve our high level of service, evaluating social media reports and suggesting how this could feed into our clients’ strategy, or evaluating emerging platforms such as TikTok for our clients.
Over time, the successful candidate would be required to develop a deep understanding of our clients, their product or service and their audiences in order to provide the level of service we pride ourselves on.
You will be guided by the Directors and the Social Media Executive/Manager but you should have a ‘can-do’ attitude, a genuine interest in social media, and a natural ability to convey marketing messages using creative copywriting and visual elements.
We are looking for someone who can intelligently and creativing articulate a brand's story online to reach business objectives and align with our objectives to enhance ‘Community, Brand and Revenue’ for our clients.
This role would suit someone with 1 year marketing experience either with another agency or within a brand environment. It could also be suitable for a University graduate with a relevant degree such as Marketing, Business, Advertising, English, Language. Some personal and professional skills they should possess are;
- Good work ethic and a willingness to learn
- Creative thinker with a great ability to put ideas onto paper
- Happy inputting, sharing and collaborating on ideas
- Confident to share your own ideas and insight from work life or University experience so far
- Proactive attitude with an ambition to develop the role
- A genuine interest in social media and the digital marketing landscape
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills is required - ability to craft compelling and creative copy, unique to a brand’s positioning or tone of voice
- 1 year social media marketing experience OR a recent University graduate with demonstrable experience working on and growing personal social media projects
- An understanding of social media platforms and how they work - how people engage with businesses and brands via these channels
- An understanding of what good content on social media looks like
- Experience in creating different formats of content for social; image, text, graphic, video (desirable)
- Experience using design/editing tools such as Adobe and/or Canva
- Ability to plan and prioritise work schedules
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to correct own work
- Previous experience using a social media management system (Desirable)
What’s it like to work with us?
As a small business, the two partners are still heavily involved in servicing client work and ensuring that high standards are achieved and adhered to.
You will have direct support and learn directly from the partners of the business who, between them, have almost 20 years of experience working in marketing.
With such a small team, communication is open and encouraged and we love to collaborate on ideas and support each other as much as possible.
You will be given full access to any useful tools needed to complete the job and can have as much guidance on using industry specific technology as needed, for example social media scheduling tools or email marketing service providers.
- Flexible working policy
- Rural, modern office space on the outskirts of Exeter
- Opportunity to grow with the business
- We invest in your professional development through training
- Small and supportive team
- Summer and Christmas team parties
How to apply
Email your CV AND covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: This job will close as soon as we find the right candidate
Interviews to be held: If you are suitable for the role then interviews will be held as soon as possible
Proposed start date: As soon as possible
Location: Altum Media, 6 Fortescue Court, Exeter, EX5 5JN
Salary - £18K